Jesus' confrontation with the Pharisees revealed two stark contrasts regarding Him.
The Light Meets the Dark - Part Five
Pastor Wes Emerson | February 19th, 2017
I. THE DEFAMATIONS OF THE DARK--(several defamations were hurled at Jesus in an attempt to destroy His ministry)
1. He Bore False Witness--John 8:13
2. His Birth: Illegitimate--John 8:19, 25, 41
3. He Was Demon-Possessed--John 8:48, 52
4. He Was Inferior To The Prophets--John 8:53
5. He Was Not Eternal--John 8:57
As their anger reached their peak, the pharisee's disputed the fact that Jesus is eternal
4 Biblical answers reveal the Eternal, Divine nature of Jesus:
1. He Existed Before Abraham--8:58, John 1:1-2, Micah 5:2, Hebrews 1:10-11
2. He Did Meet Abraham--Genesis 18:1-13 (Jesus made, Old Testament appearnace_
A. No one on ever seen the Father--John 1:18
B. No one can look on God and live--Exodus 33:20
C. Jesus met Abraham in Heaven--Genesis 25:8 (Abraham died)...John 3:31, I Cor. 15:47
3. He Assumed A Divine Title--John 8:58 "I Am..." Exodus 3:14, Isaiah 41:11-13
4. He Miraculously Escaped His Killers--John 8:559 "He hid Himself, going through the midst of them..."
A. The Eternal God-man had done this before--Luke 4:29-30
B. The defamed Savior in John 8 can do anything--Revelation 1:8
In John 8, darkness tried to defame and destroy His ministry
The Light of the World shone brightly, defeating His detractors in word and action
People of His day were left with a choice, as are we: believe the darkness, or believe our Deliverer
The Eternal Son of God is who He said He is: He loves you...is available to you...and you can trust Him!