A Brand New Start - Part Two
Pastor Wes Emerson | January 15th, 2017
Three unfolding revelations describe a new life given to an adulteress.
I. A SINNER'S DECADENCE--v3-5
Jesus was introduced to a woman leading a sinful, decadent life ...
note 3 facts:
1. She Broke God's Law--v3, Exodus 20: 17
2. She Was Put To Shame--v3-4, Numbers 32:23, Isaiah 47:3
3. She Was In Danger Of Death--v5, Leviticus 20:10
II. A SINNER'S DEFENDER--v5-9
The woman's fate was placed in Jesus' Hands ... He responded in surprising
fashion (I John 2: 1)
1. He Wrote On The Ground--v6 ... see Exodus 20, Ecclesiastes 7:20,
2. He Issued A Personal Challenge--v7, 8; John 2:24-25, Hebrews 4:15,
III. A SINNER'S DELIVERER--v9-11
Her accusers departed, she found herself with Jesus, her deliverer.
1. She Was Delivered From Condemnation--v1 0-11,
John 3:17, Romans 8:1
2. She Was Set Free For A New Life--v11, John 8:32, 36
The life of an adulteress seemed to be over as she was confronted with
By grace the Lord defended her and delivered her to a new life.
In this New Year, you too can have a brand new start, a new beginning
The woman called Jesus "Lord" (v11) ... will you make Him Lord of you